Monday, June 1, 2009

Yeah, It's Me Again

Another blog, BSR?

Really?

Yeah.

I walked away from a space that was safe and comforting to me, because it ceased to be so.

I thought maybe facebook was the answer, but for a variety of reasons, it's not.

Facebook is wonderful for finding old friends, and keeping up with those who are far away, but my blog space was different.

My family was never privy to my blog for one thing.

I don't feel that facebook is the appropriate place for some of the things I want to say. The beauty of my blog was that it attracted like minded people. Facebook is populated with people I see every day, people who are friends or neighbors, or my childrens teachers.

Facebook is a tool. A blog is my voice.

When I read last night that Tiller was murdered, I was filled with rage . . . and I had no outlet for that rage. I know I am welcome to post at other sites, and I am grateful for that opportunity, but I have a voice , and it seems wasteful not to use it.

I'm not sure how this site will evolve. I imagine it will be very similar to my last one.

(As for that - I think I will put the archive back up.)

I want this place to be a Salon - a place for like minded friends (and certainly phriends), to get together and discuss what's on our minds. I am open to all opinions, but I will draw the line at hateful speech. I want a space that is safe and comforting to all who wish to abide in it.

I am a proud, unabashed liberal.

Yes LIBERAL. I embrace that word. I am not ashamed of that word. I am also a feminist, and damn serious about it.

I welcome comments and emails, with one small caveat. . . . .

I am a single male, and I am lonely. I'm sure I will often discuss that fact in this space. If you have a significant other who will not be comfortable with you being a member of our little community, please don't join in.

I'm back.

I'm rested, tanned and ready.

Are you with me?

9 comments:

  1. What? No Tan?
    Not sure i can buy into that lol
    Glad you are back BSR we've missed you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks my phriend - It's good to be back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am so with you. Welcome back my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo -- or, as you are in Texas, should I say -- Yee Haw!!! Yeah, you're right, I shouldn't.

    So glad you found your voice, Sir Rob!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So with you.

    So good to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BRAVE sir robin.... (followed ya here via Steve...my golfy, bloggy friend!!)

    You GO GUY!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Perhaps you'll inspire me to get back on the wagon and start blogging again. So glad you're back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Huzzah! You're back! I'm looking forward to hearing (reading) more of your voice.

    ReplyDelete